couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <>
Subject Re: include_docs returning doc=null
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 04:17:41 GMT
A little more info.  I change couch to include an 'error' element when
this happens (see COUCHDB-662 for the patch), and bumped the log-level
to debug, then reproduced the problem.

My Python code which occasionally triggers this problem reports the
returned row as:

     {u'_rev': u'1-6ace70202b3eba6f7a7190d4af65b918', ...},
  u'error': u'not_found',

  u'key': [...],
  u'doc': None

Note the new 'error' element.  Immediately after this happens, I open
the doc in futon and see the document exists with a _rev of
1-6ace70202b3eba6f7a7190d4af65b918 (ie, exactly as above).  It seems it
should be 'impossible' for things to get into this state - the doc
existed when the view was updated, and seems to exist in that same form now.

The couch log reports:

[Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:56:18 GMT] [debug] [<0.2076.0>] Include Doc:

So as we suspected, when couch is including the documents for a view, it
is asking for the latest revision - but as mentioned above, the latest
revision seems to be the same revision the view was created with.

Is there anything else I can do to help get to the bottom of this?

View raw message