couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: 0.11.x futon storage
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:34:24 GMT
On 23.02.2010, at 14:25, Matt Goodall wrote:

> 2. Implicit type conversion. Doc attribute values are now implicitly
> converted to some type of Futon's choosing. I'm guessing this is deliberate
> but, IMHO, it's just awful. It's easy to come up with contrived examples,
> e.g. try changing "1" to 1 or changing "[]" to "[100]", but I managed to end
> up with a {} getting stored as a string somehow (although I can't repeat it
> again) and it broke my application.

There is definitly something wrong. Using the green button next to the field, Futon saves
the type correctly. When editing the field again, some kind of broken type conversion is going
on (String to Integer e.g.). This only happens in the "Fields"-View.

Maybe you should open a ticket for this issue.