couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: revision in view
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:31:25 GMT
The etag is for the entire query, I think he wants to cache on an doc
by doc basis for all the docs that were returned for the query. But
this does remind me that you'll still need to check the etag and the
query again if there are *new* documents in the query.

-Mikeal

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jan Snasel <jan.snasel@bluepartners.cz> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> You created greate piece of software, indeed. I'm missing only a small feature -
add "_rev" field for each document in view result. Imagine situation when client (javascript
application in browser window) is able to cache documents. It recieves some view result, and
downloads only documents with different "_rev" number. I think this is only small change to
CouchDB and could be very usefull. Just think about it, please. :-)