couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <>
Subject Re: revision in view
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:16:26 GMT
A better way to do that kind of cache invalidation would be to use _changes.

Cache the sequence number along with the objects, then do a new
_changes request with since=seq and then keep it open continuously so
you can use the push notifications to update objects on the page and
in the browser in real time :)

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Ladislav Thon <> wrote:
>> I'm missing only a small feature - add "_rev" field for each document in
>> view result.
> Well, you can do it easily yourself, can't you? Just emit doc._rev in your
> view. Or am I missing something in your usecase that prevents it?
> LT

View raw message