couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From till <klimp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB defaults
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 20:23:45 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Nope, I understand what you want, I just don't know if it's a good idea.
>
> So my thought experiment was to wonder if we'd do the same for the other configuration
files.

> As in, where is the line drawn?

IMHO, there doesn't have to be a line drawn anywhere. If people
request more options, why not provide them? Unless there's a good
reason not to.

These kind of switches make packing a lot easier and provide more
flexibility to anyone who runs CouchDB from source.

Take a look at ./configure --help from a MySQL source download, or
Apache. Plenty of options to choose from. :)

Till