couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Goodall <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject 0.11.x futon storage
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:25:43 GMT
Hi,

Not really sure if this is a dev or user questions as it's for an unreleased
version, but I have a couple of problems with Futon in the 0.11.x branch:

1. futon.storage. It isn't storing anything for me using
http://localhost:5984/. No cookies are set anymore. Most noticeable is that
the recent databases list is not updated and the key ascending/descending
flag for views is not remembered. I think this is because Storage is
including 'domain=localhost' but I'm not sure if dropping it will cause any
problem and haven't had chance to play yet.

2. Implicit type conversion. Doc attribute values are now implicitly
converted to some type of Futon's choosing. I'm guessing this is deliberate
but, IMHO, it's just awful. It's easy to come up with contrived examples,
e.g. try changing "1" to 1 or changing "[]" to "[100]", but I managed to end
up with a {} getting stored as a string somehow (although I can't repeat it
again) and it broke my application.

- Matt