couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: DB ACLs (was Re: 0.11 Release / Feature Freeze for 1.0)
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:08:51 GMT
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 09:56:57AM -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
> This is just an artifact of following trunk. Because _admins used to
> store a mixed list of names and roles, users upgrading from 0.10.x
> will lose any defined db-admins. I think this is the most secure
> choice.

Just to be clear, I didn't exactly lose the admins. The data structure on
disk had the admins, but the proplist had an atom key 'admins' instead of a
binary key <<"admins">>. Similarly, there were atoms for 'names' and 'roles'
instead of binaries <<"names">> and <<"roles">>

So proplist:get_value(<<"admins">>, SecProp) wasn't finding
{admins,{...}}

It just looks like the on-disk format has changed at some point.

B.