couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nighties and binaries
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 02:49:10 GMT
Benjamin,

The reason that there's focus on 0.11 and no stable release is because
its the name for trunk. Trunk automatically gets the next version
number so that we have something to refer to it by besides trunk. I'm
not sure about the other bleeding edge citizens, but it at least helps
me semi-cement in when certain features land.

I would say that the reason there aren't any hardcore nightlies
available is because we just haven't had the resources/knowledge
donated. I know Jan does CouchDBX releases and Mark does the Windows
installer, but I wouldn't even know where to begin on automating such
things. Plus there's the question of build servers. The ASF is
absolutely wonderful in their support but I think a bit used to Java
projects that don't require entire machines or VM's to do testing and
builds.

I must agree though. If we had a solid nightly system with push
updates it would help us quite considerably in getting new checkins
tested more extensively.

HTH,
Paul Davis