couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do I invoke a view from within couchdb?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:51:42 GMT
Matteo,

While you could technically do this, it's quite a violation of the
properties required for map functions. Identical inputs must lead to
identical outputs. Otherwise you get all sorts of wonky when the
queried view changes and there's no way to figure out when
invalidation should happen.

HTH,
Paul Davis