couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: authentication cleanup
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:28:50 GMT
On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
>> Devs,
>>
>> I'm attempting to make more sense of CouchDB's authentication system.
>> The current system is a proverbial ball of spaghetti. I'm still in the
>> investigation stage of my work, and I'm writing this to clarify my
>> thoughts and solicit feedback.
>>

> http://github.com/jchris/couchdb/tree/account
>
> Just a note to say that this branch is nearly done. I'd love some review.
>
> To use it, visit Futon and look in the lower-right corner.
>
> Before merging I still need to remove extra log statements, etc.
>
> Feedback welcome!
>
> Chris

Just tested it, admin creation seem to work during the test I've done
at least admin user is created, for the rest I don't know, am not sure
yet what could be done with the changes, I need to have a closer look
in the code for it. There is a bug you mentioned in another mail with
tests, if we are loggged out, test fails and logically tests requiring
auth failed, to follow one of your proposal, I think we should add a
warning on top of tests saying that an admin user exists and tests
will fail; something like it.

About the ui the font size may be a little too small and login line
should be imo on the top.  More generally i'm a little frustrated, I
can create an admin, add more admins, but what about removing one ?
Also Having an interface allowing me to create more user and list them
would be really cool.

Anyway I really like having the possibility to create user from futon
thanks for that :) I will have a closer look on code in the next days.

- benoƮt