couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Chamberlain <blchamberl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: better wiki
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:03:11 GMT
There is something very intriguing about this idea to build a wiki based on CouchDB. It seems
like a perfect match for the database. However, there is a (somewhat) immediate need for a
better functioning wiki. What about just fixing the existing system? Can we figure out why
there are 500 errors from time to time and why it is so slow? If we can get the current system
to limp along for a few more months it will give us time to organize a focused effort build
a Couch based wiki.

However, if no one thinks that we should try to build a CouchDB based wiki anytime soon, and
a well functioning wiki trumps building our own, then we should just switch now to whatever
is most popular (because this will mean more people are familiar with it's markup and editing
system), and move on. Eventually the community will develop a wiki based on couch and when
it's mature we can switch to that.

just a thought

-Brian