couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Olson <steveo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: authentication cleanup
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 04:50:39 GMT
Chris, and other interested devs:

I have become a CouchDB Evangelist for our development group (100+
developers) and I'll be giving a presentation in January to many decision
makers.

One of my weaknesses in web development is working with authentication and
that has been one of the main lynch pins in my discussions.

I would like to write some documentation to help out with the couch effort
of evangelizing how to authenticate and secure a CouchDB installation, maybe
a best practices piece.

In order to write something like that I have to learn it, and from
experience as a noob I find that learning while writing can work out pretty
well because I don't assume as much knowledge on the part of the reader.

Is there already some documentation describing how to set up authentication
for couch? Maybe with this group we could come up with a list of
scenarios...

1) Behind an Apache Proxy
2) Other proxies?
3) Basic Auth (I've seen some info in your book)
4) LDAP

Steveo

--
Steveo