couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Binary data
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:39:57 GMT
> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 09:32:34AM -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
> >> list and show should be able to return base64 data, to be decoded to
> >> binary before sending to the client. I know there is a test that _show
> >> can serve a favicon.ico file.
> >
> > Thank you for pointing that out, I found the _show test.
> >
> > I had already grepped the source for base64, and found only one relevant
> > instance in couch_httpd_external.erl. Now I see that gets called from
> > couch_httpd_show.erl too.
> >
> > I can't see how _list calls it though?
>
> that's worth writing a test for. written tests rock. -- move to dev@?

Moved to dev.

I've done the test for _update (and it already passes):

However I'm not sure what you want to do with _list. At the moment you emit
chunks of plain strings. Do you want something like
    send({base64:"..."})
?

Or do you want to put a tag in the header which says all the chunks are
base64? (like a Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 which is stripped)