couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Stott <nrst...@gmail.com>
Subject commonjs
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 06:57:35 GMT
I know some of you, Jan, follow commonjs.  I was talking tonight in commonjs
IRC about my great desire to be able to use commonjs modules in couchdb.

A GPSEE developer, Wes, said that it should be simple to compile a version
of GPSEE that would work with couch.  He pointed me to this page:
http://code.google.com/p/gpsee/wiki/JSAPI_GPSEE

I pointed him to the code for couchjs and he seemed very confident that this
is doable.

Are there any technical difficulties that I may run into that would make
this a horrible idea?  I'm a big fan of commonjs, and being able to use
commonjs modules from my couch views would make communicating with my
commonjs service layer much more "relaxing"