couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb pubsub system
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:56:01 GMT
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> anyone working on a pubsub system ?
>
> I'm thinking to start one that would work like this :
> http://friendpaste.com/7TnIgB6zVyK6f3uhDbCiLw
>

> Main point is to reduce number of connection when you want to suscribe
> to more than one db per node. It could be useful for external indexer.

This might be a good task for something like rabbitmq, maybe something
even more lightweight if it can be restarted via seq-num (so client
can handle accidentally dropped connections)

> Also it may be used as an internal facility too to allow for example
> automatic replication of a set of dbs.

It could be useful in a lot of places if it was a simple Erlang
abstraction. For instance in the new query server patch the way that
design docs are kept track of.

I'd like to use it for instance to dispatch _change events to all
waiting filter funs (buffered in a single JSON line) to the query
server.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson