couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating the CouchDB roadmap
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:08:09 GMT
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2009, at 16:45, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
>
>> That said, it's perfectly alright if there's no roadmap at all, I'm
>> just surprised by the lack of thoughts from the core developers (who
>> are usually the ones to have these ideas) in this thread.
>
> Three of the core developers have been busy attending to real life for the last few weeks.
:)

Heh,

Mostly I've been dealing with real life by buckling down and writing code.

I wrote up my ideas for 0.11 / 1.0 in this thread Nov 1st:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200911.mbox/%3Ce282921e0911011048sec6a907xbeac06651ae2cd2c@mail.gmail.com%3E

Re-reading it they are still features I'm interested in, although I'm
much less ambitious now. What I'd really like to see for 0.11:

Account's tab for Futon:
  There's no reason app developers should have to write user account
code or login/logout code. Users should just be able to log in and out
of CouchDB (and sign up for accounts) via something like a Futon page
that ships with the db. The userCtx is already available to Ajax apps
via /_session so once we have a reliable way to log in and out this
will be useful.

Design Doc Refactor:
  I've been heads down working on this patch in my spare time for the
last 3 weeks. It is 90% a pure refactor (cleanup code not add new
features.) It is nearing completion. This will change the query server
protocol but not the HTTP API. You can look at what I've got here:
http://github.com/jchris/couchdb/tree/ddoc-qs

Query Server Security:
  I haven't started on this yet but my plan is just to work from
http://github.com/rcoder/couchdb/commits/master to make it more clear
when the curl bindings are available to the JS sandbox. If anyone will
pick this up and run with it I will jump for joy.

I hope that helps make it more clear what I am interested in pursuing.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net