couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject ddoc protocol for query server
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 02:39:42 GMT
I've been working on a medium-sized branch for a while and I'm finally
getting something worth showing... almost.

I'm developing on http://github.com/jchris/couchdb/tree/ddoc-qs

The essential difference is in the way the code is handled by the
query server. The query server keeps a cache of design documents
around. This allows us to simplify the programming model for show,
list, update, etc, and also I think will make it easier to add new
commands in the future.

My aim was to cut a lot of code, but stay close to a pure refactoring.
So I haven't substantially changed the Futon test suite. But I did
make some changes to query_server_spec.rb.

If anyone would like to pull the Erlang query server into line with
these changes, I'd appreciate the help.

The branch is still deeply messy in some places. When it comes time to
push to CouchDB trunk, I'll hand-edit the patch for log levels and
inane comments.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson