couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating the CouchDB roadmap
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:31:32 GMT

On 8 Dec 2009, at 02:48, kosta@fillibach.de wrote:

> Quoting Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>:
>> As part of the release procedure, this is a request to update the roadmap document:
>> Please comment on what should be added, and what should be removed.
>
> What I would like to see is "map/reduce chaining", as this really would blow away most
limitations currently imposed by couchdb. A good example for this would be "get the 10 most
popular items from a tag cloud".

> Of course, this also might affect efficiency, as every layer of map/reducing imposes
housekeeping and update costs.

I haven't seen a solution yet that "works" on anything but small databases. If somebody
comes up with a generic, fast, solution, I'd be all for it, but until then I'd not want to
add
it to CouchDB.

Cheers
Jan