couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From viatropos <lancejpoll...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Start Couchdb: "init terminating in do_boot"
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:08:18 GMT

There are a few things that might have caused the problem I'm thinking:

1) Calling "couchdb &" multiple times?  I'm not sure what's best practice
for starting and knowing you've started couchdb...
2) I just installed ImageMagick on Ubuntu and had some problems with that,
and ended up installing an older version of it from source, so maybe it
messed with some dependencies?  How do I update couchdb without conflicting
with this?
3) Rebooting the Slicehost slice.  How does this impact couchdb?

When I check the couch.log file, it shows when I access my test website, but
I can't find where that process is...

Thanks so much for your help.