couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Updating the CouchDB roadmap
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 12:15:57 GMT
I'd like to see something like the jira-486:

some refactoring of the internals, better separation of concerns, etc.. the idea being to
enable hackers who wish to extend the capabilities of the internals in a somewhat principled
way. I think the code base is at the size (~15K lines  in src/couchdb) now where it's still
manageable but it's increasingly difficult to understand all the pieces in any depth given
the functionality packed into it.

I know there's been lots of discussion around this on irc, etc.. it strikes me that the time
is right to put a stake in the ground on it.

Cheer,

Bob