couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Juhani Ränkimies <juh...@juranki.com>
Subject Re: Windows service
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:22:30 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Brunjes, Lee (lmb7s)
<lmb7s@virginia.edu> wrote:
> I wanted to discuss two things
>        first is any one else doing something similar?

Yes.

>        And second would adding a .net dependency to things be a bad idea in the long
term.

I don't know, but erlang comes with a tool for installing a windows service.

-------------------
erts-5.7.3\bin\erlsrv.exe add CouchDBProd -i couchdbprod -w
D:\couch_service\prod\bin -ar "-sasl errlog_type error -s couch"
sc.exe config couchdbprod obj= .\\imaginarycouchdbuser password=
evenmoreimaginarypasswordforcouchdbuser

This is for 0.11.0b831075 on win2003. 0.10 has more stuff in -ar parameter.
The logging configuration might need some tuning, haven't had time to
look at it yet. (watch for typos, I manually extracted this from a
bash script I use)

br,
-juhani