couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hovercraft : Updates and Help Needed
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:47:45 GMT
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Glenn Rempe <glenn@rempe.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over the last day I have forked and made a number of changes to the
> Hovercraft Erlang CouchDB lib.  As I am pretty new to Erlang, the
> changes are mostly in the realm of cleanup and improved documentation.
>  I did however fix a couple of issues with getting hovercraft working
> with the current trunk CouchDB.  This has been a great way for me to
> contribute (I hope) as well as to learn more about how hovercraft
> works.
>
> I have identified three specific issues that are preventing the
> current test suite from running cleanly and documented those problems
> in my fork on GitHub.  I am hoping that someone here on the dev list
> with much more knowledge of couchdb/erlang and recent refactoring in
> trunk can take a look at these issues and help me patch them.  Once
> done I would love to get all the changes pulled into the main repo
> that jchris owns.  Note that my fork is actually off of 'sendtopms's
> fork, which fixed some issues in jchris' code with current trunk.
>
> The changes are in the 'fixes' branch of my fork which is here:
>
> http://github.com/grempe/hovercraft/tree/fixes
>
> If you take a look at the TODO section of the README.md file you will
> see the specific breaking issues and the errors that are being thrown.
>
> The README with the TODO section with issues that need attentions is here:
>
> http://github.com/grempe/hovercraft/blob/fixes/README.md
>
> FYI, here is a summary of the changes I have made so far:
>
> - couch_util:new_uuid() is now couch_uuids:random() in trunk, fixed
> this in hovercraft
> - Cleaned up and enhanced the README docs.
> - Fixed some documentation issues in the comments of the hovercraft.erl file
> - Broke out the test suite into its own (hovercraft_test) module, and
> renamed a couple of the public test functions to match this
> namespacing.
> - commented out and marked with FIXME two failing tests in hovercraft_test:all/0
> - Marked with FIXME a call in hovercraft:query which calls a
> non-exported couch_view:fold_reduce/7
> - fixed the include statement so that hovercraft can be compiled as
> shown in the docs
>
> Thanks for the help.  Hopefully with some help we can get hovercraft
> cleanly working with trunk and passing all its tests.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Glenn.

I've pulled your fixes branch, and helped it along a little bit (map
views work, reduce works, but group_level is still broken). I also
haven't started on the attachment stuff.

Anyone should feel free to pitch in. The latest shiny fixed version is at:

http://github.com/jchris/hovercraft/tree/fixes

Chris

--
Chris Anderson