couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increasing Spidermonkey version
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:35:09 GMT
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:

>> JSON is also a separate question:
>>
>> I think it's a no-brainer to switch our JSON 'undefined' handling to
>> the JavaScript way, if we intend to eventually upgrade to modern
>> JavaScript engines. Is anyone up for patching our JavaScript libraries
>> to use json2.js?
>>

> I think that in order to use the new C based JSON parser we need to move to
> a newer version of Spidermonkey.

No, we need to move to a new version of the JSON serialization API.
json2.js (according to John Resig's post) affords us the same API
regardless of what version of Spidermonkey is used. json2.js also
affords us the ability to just include the code and have it (json2.js)
not replace the C based implementations if that's what users have
installed when linking and running couchjs.

Paul Davis