couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: CouchDB: "Very, very, very slow"?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:42:29 GMT
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Sven Helmberger <> wrote:
> Hi!
> I just stumbled over some presentation via twitter
> What's your opinion on it?
> Is CouchDB really that slow?
> Are the test unfair (no concurrency, no caching)?
> Regards,
> Sven Helmberger

Its not a matter of fairness. A test load that CouchDB is good at
might not be good for a different database. There have been a couple
pushes to have a set of benchmarks that could be run to get an overall
feel for a given database but there's a lot of other hidden aspects.
As Chris points out a fairly specific one is disaster recovery.

Paul Davis

View raw message