couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem releasing 0.9.2
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:25:49 GMT
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2009, at 19:27, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> What version of Spidermonkey are you running?
>
> 1.9.1.4
>
>> The 0.10.x branch has been patched to
>> work with newer versions. Is this something we should patch, or should
>> I just have the check say "Your version of spidermonkey is too new" or
>> something else?
>
> If you like, but that would also prevent me from releasing. ;)
>
> I'm not about to downgrade my system to make the release, as such a thing
> isn't possible.
>
> How hard will the backport be?

Noah "Awesome" Slater,

1.9.1.4? That's quite interesting. Because 1.8.1 isn't out yet. And
Spidermonkey doesn't use a 4 digit numbering scheme. Obviously your
computer has been compromised by the alien overlords in preparation
for your removal. I would invest in a tent and bottled water so you
can hide in the forest when they come to collect you. I bid you
farewell and godspeed on your travels while evading your soon to be
captors. Granted, the packagers could just be referencing the
Firefox/XUL Runner version.

Either way, that's gonna be an issue as that API was deprecated in
1.8.0. And then changed again in 1.8.1 which doesn't exist yet. That
patch isn't terribly difficult. I'll should be able to get to it
tonight.

Although, did you check the SVN log for the 0.9.x branch? I was
wondering idly the other day if there's actually been any backports to
0.9.x since the 0.9.1 release. Granted it wasn't intriguing enough of
a thought since I didn't bother to flip to the terminal and run the
necessary commands to find out for myself. Mostly because that
would've reminded me that I still have to use SVN occasionally. And
generally I have to take a shower each time I have to confront that
fact. Which, as you might imagine, can be a bit complicated when
answering such emails at work. Its a thing I've been working through
with my psychiatrist. Progress has been mostly slow but I really feel
like I might get past it at some point in the future now. Granted that
doesn't mean I'm quite through it. The emotional scarring runs deep.
Can I be a mongoose dog?

HTH,
Paul Davis