couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem releasing 0.9.2
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:27:25 GMT
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Trying to build the 0.9.x branch on Debian unstable gives the following
> error:
>
> couch_js.c: In function 'main':
> couch_js.c:1218: error: 'JSOPTION_NATIVE_BRANCH_CALLBACK' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> couch_js.c:1218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> couch_js.c:1218: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> I am unable to release until this is fixed, and am holding back on 0.10.1
> incase we need to port forward.
>
> Does anyone have any clues?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noah

What version of Spidermonkey are you running? IIRC, this is caused by
having something newer than 1.7. The 0.10.x branch has been patched to
work with newer versions. Is this something we should patch, or should
I just have the check say "Your version of spidermonkey is too new" or
something else?

Paul Davis