couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems releasing 0.10.1 (nslater, back at you!)
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 20:52:24 GMT
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> On 6 Nov 2009, at 20:27, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> distcheck causes lots of weirdness because of its VPATH builds.
>
> Painful, I know, but only because it tests every type of install
> configuration.
>
> If distcheck fails, someone somewhere, will have a broken build.
>
>> The two options I see are: I'll commit and backport that check to only
>> run prove when check is being run from a not VPATH build, or you can
>> spend a month or two trying to bring all tests into comfortable
>> compatibility with distcheck.
>
> Let's tag team on this. You free Sunday for a hack?

Its a possibility. I've gotten most of the weird bits fixed with
utils/run and some other places for this to actually work. I got all
the way to noticing that etap's were using a path like
"test/etap/file.tmp" as a temporary file to write to. I didn't feel
like fixing that at the time so I punted.

Also, I would just like to mention that its worked fine so far. ;) And
to the one guy in the shack on an island using a weird VPATH build
that wants to run the unit tests: Patches welcome.

Yup.

Paul Davis