couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 00:11:54 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2009, at 00:40, Noah Slater wrote:

package is patched to build and run against xulrunner, where libmozjs.so is available. I don't
know all the details of this, but it's some sort of complication with the way spidermonkey
releases are made (or not made). You definitely don't want to install libmozjs on Ubuntu 9.10,
as you saw it will try to remove the world.

person out: the easiest way to get the correct build dependencies installed on Ubuntu (or
Debian) is "apt-get build-dep couchdb" and then you'll have all the right xulrunner-dev stuff
installed to be able to build from source.

>>> If I do this, will I need to hack any environment variables or anything else?
>>
>> Nope, this does not work with a simple "./configure" which is a bit of a problem.
>>
>> What do you suggest Ubuntu users do if they want to build CouchDB from source?
>>
>> Having to hack around with stuff is undesirable.
>>
>> If there is a patch to configure.ac someone wants to submit, I'd be happy to apply.
>>
>> At the moment, we look in a bunch of standard directories for the dependancies, and
we could modify this.

> I think additionally looking in the non-standard directory that xulrunner uses in addition
to the existing search path is the most sensible way forward.
> These would be /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1.5/ for libmoz.js (--with-js-lib) and /usr/include/xulrunner-1.9.1.5/unstable
for jsapi.h (--with-js-include). We'd need to check how much of the version string we can
wildcard.

> Cheers
> Jan
> --

Could we build statically couchjs ? actually building it against
xullrunner lib won't be enough since it need to find them when it's
loaded aparts doing the hack ubuntu does in their startup script.

I could have a look in configure.ac later this morning but wonder what
is the best way

- benoƮt