couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auth per db - thoughts and question
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 04:22:02 GMT
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway that may be a feature for 0.11 ? I could work on it quietly.
>> For now I found an alternative to that for my service.
>>

> I think the most important aspect here is the Accounts tab for Futon.
> This is key to making it super-simple for people to write user-based
> apps on CouchDB. If they don't have to write the login code, it
> becomes much much easier to get started.

that's just ui. Imo the most important thing is to have real
authentification. Currently there isn't nothing like. There is a need
to forbid people to read content of database or even to read some docs
without having a proxy. I could understand that having an interface to
manage accounts could help but then accounts should be useful too.

- benoit