couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:32:05 GMT

On 24 Nov 2009, at 22:51, Elliot Murphy wrote:

> libmozjs is not available in the Ubuntu 9.10 environment, so the CouchDB package is patched
to build and run against xulrunner, where libmozjs.so is available. I don't know all the details
of this, but it's some sort of complication with the way spidermonkey releases are made (or
not made). You definitely don't want to install libmozjs on Ubuntu 9.10, as you saw it will
try to remove the world.

> I'm know you know this already, but just so the search engines help the next person out:
the easiest way to get the correct build dependencies installed on Ubuntu (or Debian) is "apt-get
build-dep couchdb" and then you'll have all the right xulrunner-dev stuff installed to be
able to build from source.

If I do this, will I need to hack any environment variables or anything else?

Thanks,

Noah