couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Cory Nelson <phro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows service
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:04:43 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Brunjes, Lee (lmb7s)
<lmb7s@virginia.edu> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
>  I was going to ask a quick opinion question to the team, I am a windows guy, and am
running couchdb on win 2k8 server.

> I have taken a few minutes and hacked together a basic service in .net that move running
the couch out of user land.  I found that on 2k8 the .net 3 service ran better than the 2.0
service I started with so I am using that right now personally the code should work in either
version of .net.

> Essentially I run a service that executes the .bat file that Mark Hammond wrote. It is
at present neither pretty to install or tied to a gui of any type

> I wanted to discuss two things
>        first is any one else doing something similar?
>        And second would adding a .net dependency to things be a bad idea in the long
term.

I'm using srvany.exe and instsrv.exe -- found in the free Windows
Resource Kit Tools download from Microsoft.  It's native and low
overhead.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890

--
Cory Nelson