couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows service
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:00:40 GMT
On 15/11/2009 6:36 PM, Juhani Ränkimies wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Mark Hammond<skippy.hammond@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>> erts-5.7.3\bin\erlsrv.exe add CouchDBProd -i couchdbprod -w
>>> D:\couch_service\prod\bin -ar "-sasl errlog_type error -s couch"
>>> sc.exe config couchdbprod obj= .\\imaginarycouchdbuser password=
>>> evenmoreimaginarypasswordforcouchdbuser
>>
>> That's cool - I imagine there is also a way to configure for the LocalSystem
>> user, meaning a password needn't be specified, meaning the installation
>> process is fairly easy.  I'll play a little more with this...
>>

> erlsrv defaults to LocalSystem. Just skip the sc command. Then the -i
> parameter is also unnecessary. I changed the user because I had some
> problems I thought were permissions related (I'm not so sure anymore)

Thanks for the info.

I've cobbled something together, checked it into SVN and put a snapshot
of 0.11 at:

http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/snapshots

You will find setup-couchdb-0.11.0b880589.exe and its .md5 file.

This version offers you the choice of configuring as a service at
install time.  Feedback welcome!

Cheers,

Mark.