couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Problem releasing 0.9.2
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:10:35 GMT
On 16 Nov 2009, at 20:25, Paul "Smartass" Davis wrote:

> Noah "Awesome" Slater,
>
> 1.9.1.4? That's quite interesting. Because 1.8.1 isn't out yet. And  
> Spidermonkey doesn't use a 4 digit numbering scheme.

SpiderMonkey is part of the XULRunner package:

	"XULRunner 1.9.1 has been released and can be downloaded from  
releases.mozilla.org."

	https://developer.mozilla.org/En/XULRunner

Oh snap, looks like you're wrong Mr. Smarty Man.

> Obviously your computer has been compromised by the alien overlords  
> in preparation for your removal. I would invest in a tent and  
> bottled water so you can hide in the forest when they come to  
> collect you. I bid you farewell and godspeed on your travels while  
> evading your soon to be captors. Granted, the packagers could just  
> be referencing the Firefox/XUL Runner version.

Oh well, that'll teach me to respond before reading the full email.

I will keep my original response above for the lulz.

> Either way, that's gonna be an issue as that API was deprecated in  
> 1.8.0. And then changed again in 1.8.1 which doesn't exist yet. That  
> patch isn't terribly difficult. I'll should be able to get to it  
> tonight.

Not sure I follow.

> Although, did you check the SVN log for the 0.9.x branch

Yes, I made sure this was added to CHANGES:

	Version 0.9.2
	-------------

	 * Fix replication with 0.10+ servers initiated by an 0.9 server  
(COUCHDB-559).

Oh snap, did I totally just school you again?

> I was wondering idly the other day if there's actually been any  
> backports to 0.9.x since the 0.9.1 release.

What happened when the 0 9 1 release?

> Granted it wasn't intriguing enough of a thought since I didn't  
> bother to flip to the terminal and run the necessary commands to  
> find out for myself.

What would happen if you didn't bother to flip to the terminal and run  
the necessary commands to find out for yourself?

> Mostly because that would've reminded me that I still have to use  
> SVN occasionally.

Is it because that would've reminded you that you still have to use  
svn occasionally that you came to me?

> And generally I have to take a shower each time I have to confront  
> that fact.

Can you elaborate on that?

> Which, as you might imagine, can be a bit complicated when answering  
> such emails at work.

What happened when answering such emails at work?

> Its a thing I've been working through with my psychiatrist.

Why do you say that?

> Progress has been mostly slow but I really feel like I might get  
> past it at some point in the future now.

Does it bother you that you really feel like you might get past it at  
some point in the future now?

> Granted that doesn't mean I'm quite through it.

When did you first know that does not mean you are quite through it?

> The emotional scarring runs deep.

Earlier you said that would've reminded you that you still have to use  
svn occasionally?

> Can I be a mongoose dog?

That is interesting, please continue.

Mime
View raw message