couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.10.1
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:55:40 GMT
Hi Robert, I believe that's done.  A simple merge didn't work because
of divergences in the code base, but in r832780 I wrote an 0.10
version of the fix.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-559 bothers me a little
bit.  The problem is that folks on 0.9.1 cannot trigger a replication
to/from 0.10.0 because of a list_to_existing_atom error.  We could fix
this by suppressing the disk_format_version field from 0.10.1's
response to GET /dbname.  I don't know of any other solution at the
moment.

I guess I'd be OK with saying that replication between 0.10.x and
0.9.x only works if you trigger it on the 0.10.x machine, although
that's a bit annoying.  Anyone else have an opinion?

Best, Adam