couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:42:11 GMT

On 24 Nov 2009, at 22:39, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
>> Hey,
>> I'm just trying to prepare the release on a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine, and
I've run into something rather strange. The libmozjs-dev library conflicts, through some weird
dependancy chain, with firefox. Has anyone run into this before? Any Ubuntu hackers know what's
going on here?
>> Thanks,
>> Noah
> Afaik this is the usual xulrunner mess. On ubuntu CouchDB is build
> against xulrunner. Don't remember exact path, but there is something
> about it in ml.

Found a matching bug report:

This is pretty serious IMO. CouchDB is now conflicting with Firefox and a bunch of other things.

View raw message