couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:42:11 GMT

On 24 Nov 2009, at 22:39, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I'm just trying to prepare the release on a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine, and
I've run into something rather strange. The libmozjs-dev library conflicts, through some weird
dependancy chain, with firefox. Has anyone run into this before? Any Ubuntu hackers know what's
going on here?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Noah
>
> Afaik this is the usual xulrunner mess. On ubuntu CouchDB is build
> against xulrunner. Don't remember exact path, but there is something
> about it in ml.

Found a matching bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xulrunner/+bug/486079

This is pretty serious IMO. CouchDB is now conflicting with Firefox and a bunch of other things.