couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Goodall <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:44:19 GMT
2009/11/24 Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>:

> On 24 Nov 2009, at 22:39, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I'm just trying to prepare the release on a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine,
and I've run into something rather strange. The libmozjs-dev library conflicts, through some
weird dependancy chain, with firefox. Has anyone run into this before? Any Ubuntu hackers
know what's going on here?

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Noah
>>
>> Afaik this is the usual xulrunner mess. On ubuntu CouchDB is build
>> against xulrunner. Don't remember exact path, but there is something
>> about it in ml.
>
> Found a matching bug report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xulrunner/+bug/486079
>
> This is pretty serious IMO. CouchDB is now conflicting with Firefox and a bunch of other
things.

Try this, http://mattgoodall.blogspot.com/2009/09/build-couchdb-on-ubuntu-910-karmic.html

I had to dig into the source for Ubuntu's CouchDB build to find out what to do.

- Matt