couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: libmozjs-dev conflicts with firefox on Ubuntu
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:35:57 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:42:11PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> This is pretty serious IMO. CouchDB is now conflicting with Firefox and a bunch of other
things.

The CouchDB which ubuntu bundles is built against xulrunner's libmozjs, and
they patch the startup script so that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/couchdb/karmic/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/mozjs1.9_ldlibpath.patch

More details in the thread starting
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200911.mbox/<20091106111612.GA9277@uk.tiscali.com>

Incidentally, I use xubuntu on my fairly old laptop. A big advantage of this
over regular ubuntu is that xubuntu-desktop depends on a *lot* fewer
packages than ubuntu-desktop; and in particular, you don't get ubuntu's own
build of couchdb. This is preferable when you want to build your own.

Maybe the ubuntu-server flavour would be OK too, I haven't tried that for
9.10.

Regards,

Brian.