couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration to CouchDB
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:59:13 GMT
IMHO it's not necessarily a good idea to directly import data from an
SQL database to CouchDB.

Properly normalized data, in an SQL database, is generally
deconstructed into many records and tables that can be JOIN'ed
together. CouchDB on the other hand, will serve you well if you can
manage your data as coherent, self-sufficient documents.

I'm sure you can get plenty of data modeling help if you post
questions to the User mailing list.

Cheers,
Zach

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Duy Nguyen <duynguyen0511@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
> Im migrating from MySql to couchDB , but I can not find any tools to do the migration
at the moment. From my knowledge, I need to convert data in MySql to JSON format then insert
JSON format data into couchDB. I've look @ http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/ ; unfortunately,
it does not provide functionality I am looking for. I've known many projects have been successfully
migration to couchDB. Please give me some guidances.