couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject bench/ directory
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:51:16 GMT
Devs,

I wrote some benchmarks today and added them to trunk. They are still
rudimentary, but I wanted to open the door for other people to follow.
I've written a blog post with some numbers here:

http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/Benchmarking-CouchDB

To use the JavaScript benchmarks:

cd bench/
./runner.sh

The scripts are written in benches.js so it should be easy to add new
ones. They use the same client as the test suite so you already know
how to hack it. There's no reason these shouldn't be able to run in
the browser with a little glue code. Keep that in mind as you are
writing new ones, but it should't be a big deal to get them to run in
either place eventually.

There are also plain curl + bash benchmarks you can run from:

./benchbulk.sh

I'd like to work in a way to collect and share results from these as
well. One step at a time.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson