couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ann] Relaxville, test suite reporter
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:19:34 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Robert Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> One thing I notice right away is the urge [1] to comment, .eg. on a recent
> security_validation fail, by just adding a comment in the report itself.
>  Not sure how good an idea this is with respect to replication, etc.. but it
> seems like the ideal place for it since it's right with the stack trace and
> platform specific information. Perhaps just some conventions like using ones
> user name in the doc, .eg. "comment-TommyTester"  would work.

I was thinking of adding commenting using a pure web-mashup style.
Because there are so many things that might be commentable (reports,
individual test cases, the overall failure rate of the stats tests in
0.9.0, etc) it makes sense to me to hook the commenting to the items
using the DOM.

That way there doesn't have to be an explicit document to be commented
on - as long as things can identify themselves as commentable and make
a persistent "ID" available, they can have a comment thread attached
to them.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net