couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject [ann] Relaxville, test suite reporter
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:26:37 GMT
Devs,

You may have noticed by the commit storm that I'm working on a new
feature to store test suite reports from Futon in a local database.
The Futon test suite now stores runtime, success and failure
information, along with a timestamp and some browser / platform
information, into the local database test_suite_reports.

The test reports are completely private and remain on the localhost
for convenient browsing by developers. However, replication makes it
easy to share reports.

I'm also working on a CouchApp to make browsing and replicating
reports easy. I've only got it to rudimentary functionality, but I'm a
firm believer in releasing things before I go to sleep for the night.
Hopefully those in other timezones can enjoy it before I wake up. The
source code is here:

http://github.com/jchris/relaxville

to install just git clone it and then run

couchapp push . test_suite_reports

then you can browse tests on your local machine.

* Participate

The best thing you can do is replicate your test_suite_reports db to
the new database that's been set up at:
http://couchdb.couchdb.org/test_suite_reports

It should be available for writes (please don't abuse) -- also if
anyone else wants a db on this server for community purposes, just
holler. Eventually we should have a wiki and other CouchApps here.

* Browse

You can also just see Relaxville running on the CouchDB server here:

http://couchdb.couchdb.org/test_suite_reports/_design/relaxville/index.html

It will be updated as new people replicate their test_suite_reports to it.

* Patches

I'd like to add a Toast chat room to different entities in the UI.

It could use some more views. Those should be easy to add.

It also might be nice to start using sammy.js, if anyone feels like a
more ambitious patch.

Feedback and patches welcome!

Chris

--