couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release, second round
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:37:23 GMT
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Christopher Brown <cb@opscode.com> wrote:
> No one responded to my message about intermittent failures and I'm
> concerned about this as well.
> Can someone from the core team chime in about this?  Is it considered
> ok, and is there a plan to eventually fix this?

My gut tells me this has to do with delayed_commits and certain
performance environments. We should probably add an option to the test
runner to put it in full-commit mode. This way when people are running
it on platforms where the timing becomes an issue they can switch to
slow-but-safe, so that all operations are fully synchronous from the
browser down to disk.

If you feel like messing around with this toggle, changing
X-Couch-Full-Commit from false to true at the top of the
rev_stemming.js file will probably fix this.

I don't think intermittent failures are a reason to block 0.10, but I
do think we should clean this up for 0.11. Maybe the simplest thing is
to add a checkbox to the test suite to toggle full-commit.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net