couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where do deleceted docs go
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:15:19 GMT
Specifying a revision to get older copies of a document has been
around since forever. There have been a couple discussions on removing
it to inform people that CouchDB rev's are not for version control,
but generally it hasn't overcome the "but how could I revert one
version back for undo?

On the other hand, perhaps just having an _undo handler that will
revert to a specific rev. Or possibly just force it to be the latest
revision (by posting the current revision, simple!).

Either, way, it was on purpose, but the status of whether it continues
to exist in the current form isn't something I'd bet the farm on.
Maybe beers though.

Paul Davis