couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.10.0 release, second round
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:38:43 GMT
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>>
>>> gmake check fails on freebsd 7.2 :
>>
>>> on macosx make check fails too :
>>
>> Can you try to debug this with Paul? I don't want to release until we know
>> what's going on.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> sure, I opened a ticket too.
>
> - benoît

after hanging myself i'm replying here. Thanks to the help of davisp
and bitdiddle issue was found. It  was due to ports conflicts. (one
other couchdb was running and co).  If nothing run on 5984 all tests
pass. so 0.10 is working. imo tests should be done on an available
port because in an automatic testing infrastructure (like packaging
infrastructure) you can't make sure something isn't running on this
port.

anyway +1 for this release I will update the related ticket.

- benoît