couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ann] Relaxville, test suite reporter
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:49:17 GMT
2009/10/16 Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>:

> I think the real problem is that it is has nothing to do with CouchDB, heh.

Any good design solution needs the problem to be defined upfront,
otherwise the only tool at your disposal to measure it’s success is
personal and likely irrelevant.

So I would first ask a few questions regarding the intended context
and purpose of the design in question:

- What does it need to communicate?
- Who does it need to communicate to?
- etc

If you are looking to brand a tool it’s useful to define what the
proposition is for potential users first.
What does CouchDB offer that distinguishes it from available alternatives.