couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject "prove" command from Perl test harness needed for "make check"
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:45:50 GMT
I was checking out the recent release candidate on a few platforms
that aren't my typical and when attempting to run "make check" on an
Fedora 9 instance on Amazon AWS, I encountered a message that the
"prove" command could not be found.  An initial search wasn't helpful
since "prove" mostly hit documents that used the word in its typical
sense.  The command appears to be distributed as part of the Perl test
harness.  I got it inadvertently when installing CPAN to try to find
it after looking at the body of the command on another platform.  I'm
documenting it here so maybe other people who run into the issue might
be saved a few steps.  Don't know if it is practical to have "make
check" check for its presence and suggest how to find it for the poor
person who doesn't have a working reference platform.