couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb & oauth
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:20:39 GMT

On 18 Oct 2009, at 11:11, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> hi,
>
> In which version of couchdb is oauth planned to be stable (db auth +
> replication) ? At this point i'm not sure it's usable in 0.10 or if it
> will be in 0.10.1 or 0.11 ? Any info about it ? If it's 0.10.1 would
> it be possible to have devs in sync in a 0.10.1 ?

Can you point out what's not usable? OAuth & replication should
work. Jason, Adam and the Canonical folks have been hammering
out some issues with proxies, but I think all necessary patches for
us went into trunk & the 0.10 branch (Jason, Adam, please correct
me if I'm wrong here :)

Per-db-auth is a feature separate from OAuth that Jason is working
on for 0.11. The OAuth support currently includes 2-legged OAuth
(you manually have to set everything up), 3-legged OAuth (apps
can request registration themselves) is planned but I don't know
the timeline.

Cheers
Jan