couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <>
Subject Re: Where do deleceted docs go
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:49:16 GMT
I just discovered yesterday that there is a backdoor to let you view
the deleted document, but only if you know it's revision:

GET /dbname/id_of_deleted_doument?rev=1-90394320932

Perhaps this is a backdoor we just forgot to close.  On the other
hand, I think it would be nice to allow non-guaranteed "reverts" of
accidentally deleted documents.  99% of the time, an immediate revert
of a delete would work just fine.  I think I'd also be in favor of
making it possible to view the deleted document content without
knowing its revision beforehand; e.g. something like

GET /dbname/id_of_deleted_document?deleted=true

Best, Adam

On Oct 27, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Alex P wrote:

> deleted docs are present in the data file until a compaction occurs.
> that
> said, i don't know if there's a way to access one, but even if there
> were,
> it would be a non-deterministic operation. it's success would depend
> on
> whether a compact was performed.
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM, <> wrote:
>> Hello there,
>> I'm writting a piece of code in which i would like to be able to
>> retrieve
>> documents that have already been deleted by the user. I was
>> wondering if
>> that is possible or in the other hand the document is completely
>> deleted.
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Manuel

View raw message