couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Logging into a database
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 01:15:53 GMT
Hey all,

I had an itch to scratch and now there is an experimental branch that
enables logging to a database:

   http://github.com/janl/couchdb/commits/log-to-db

Check out the test case on how it is supposed to work:

http://github.com/janl/couchdb/blob/5cbfbeaddea2152e35b88cae515152f78d6b7544/share/www/script/test/log_database.js

You just create a `database = dbname` entry in your configuration
under the `[log]` section and CouchDB will start to write log entries
to the specified database.

Depending on the log level this means that each single request to
CouchDB triggers multiple writes to the log database. The logger, for
now, defaults to delayed_commits. A future improvement, could be using
the `batch=ok` module.

I just wanted to throw this out here inspired by Chris' "releasing
things before I go to sleep for the night".

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Jan