couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From cinnebar <xcinne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ann] Relaxville, test suite reporter
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:29:38 GMT
> As they say in the city, "no offense", but it does nothing for me. The
font looks like some sort of deranged 70s    > look and coupled with a 50s
style service lady dressed in culottes it needs work. Sexy might still sell
but after the > couchdb porn presentation at a recent conference, you might
stay away from it.

No offence taken at all...thanks for the response - the image happened real
fast - its not really the kind of font i wld use regular...but this is couch
central...do you know of what might be a more appropriate font?

Not sure what you mean by service lady...though I understand your point.  To
me she looks like a pop culture pin-up girl from the 50's in a mechanic
outfit...  Didnt think the image was anything close to demeaning and I'll
pull it off the link if theres more response saying its in poor taste... The
picture would get approval from a staunch feminist ex-girlfriend of mine but
she looks like a pin up girl too...so I guess it may not count... I was
kinda wondering where the couchdb pc policy is at now...

Also I can put the components up if anyone thinks there maybe something to
work with in the mix...

cheers